Happy, Healthy Body – Stay on track with your fitness routine during the holidays
The holiday season can be a super busy time for many. How can you successfully stick to your fitness routine? Something to remember is WHY working out during this stressful time is important. First of all, it makes sense to burn calories in the gym so when you overindulge and not worry about packing on extra pounds. Even being able to maintain your weight is a victory. Secondly, if you are able to sail thru the holiday season with your routine in place, it will set you up for entering the new year strong and healthy. Lastly, don’t forget that exercise is proven to reduce stress which will help you your holiday challenges and benefit your health in the long run. Don’t let your good habits go out the window this holiday season.
Here are a few tips the experts give to stay on track:
1. Commit to yourself. That’s right. Schedule time for you as often on your weekly calendar as possible. Make an appointment for yourself. If you take care of yourself first, you will have more energy for everyone and everything else. Not to mention, your frame of mind will be a calmer one.
2. Just move. Okay, so realistically you may not be able to hit the gym everyday. However, you can take time to move everyday. Park your car far away from the stores you have on your to do list. Walk or play at the park with your kids. Take a bike ride or hike with your partner. Or play a round of golf with your business associate. The goal is too burn calories and move your body however you can.
3. Think increments of time. 10 minute exercise blasts throughout the day add up to big results. If you schedule is super packed, squeeze in just 10 quick minutes here and there. Drop the all or nothing approach.
4. Workout first thing in the morning. This may mean an earlier wake up time but the positives will far outweigh the negative. Trust me, you might even begin to love early morning workouts. Fasted cardio first thing in the morning might be an effective fat burning technique for you.
5. Smarter lunch break. Maybe rethinking how you use your lunch break might be beneficial. Pack a pair of tennis shoes and go for a brisk walk. You might love the fresh air and burst of energy that will surely get you thru the afternoon slump.
6. Find a fitness buddy. Another great way to motivate yourself over the holidays is to make a pact with a friend or group of friends. Even if you don’t workout together, checking in with someone else daily will make you think twice about skipping a session. It will help hold you accountable during a challenging season.
7. Get support. We’ve said it before but it is worth saying again. Sometimes the difference between failure and success is getting support.
AZ Medical Weight Control is passionate about giving our clients the support and tools they need for proven weight loss results. Get the support you need, you are worth it!
#newblog #happyhealthybody #workout #fitness #fitnessroutine #holiday #holidaytips #healthybody #exercise #commitment #fitnessbuddy #support #tgif #fitnessfriday #helloweekend #azweightloss #phoenixweightloss #avondaleweightloss #azmedweightcontrol #azmedicalweightcontrol #phoenixweightlossclinic #phoenixmedicalweightloss #avondalemedicalweightloss #weightloss #phoenixweightloss #avondaleweightloss #arizona #phoenix #avondale