Happy, Healthy You – Control Your Environment
Your weight loss journey can be equipped with extra tools for success. Here’s a few I wanted to share that help me.
1. Keep your home environment as healthy as possible. Commit to a healthy fridge and pantry. You may have your family’s food in the house that could be a trigger food for you. Try to keep the family’s treats out of sight as much as possible. I’ve kept a healthy pantry with treats in a separate area of the kitchen. It seems when I’ve done this my progress goes really well and according to plan.
2. Grocery shop and meal prep ahead of time so you have plenty of healthy food choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. #selflove
3. Another area that can be an even bigger challenge can be when hanging out with friends socializing. Navigating the social aspect honestly took me some time to get the hang of it. For me it was crucial because who doesn’t love to hang out and relax with their girls/friends. I saw a pattern happen over and over. It goes like this. I get in the zone with a positive mindset, crushing my goals and bam, my hard work and effort can be derailed just like that. I feel guilty, beat myself up and sometimes my one slip-up can turn into a full on collapse. And then it can be really hard to get my head back in the game. Can you relate? Having said that, I firmly believe balance in your eating habits is important because you still want to be able to live your life and have a healthy relationship with food. Make sustainable lifestyle changes, in the real world for real life circumstances. Life is going to be a series of gatherings and celebrations. But guess what, if you make permanent changes to the way you eat that will work for you, you can reach your weight loss goal. And maintain it.
4. Try to control your environment whenever possible. For example, with a happy hour setting, ideally I like to control the place and the menu. I prefer to have it at my house because I can easily do both of those things. I love serving a charcuterie board with lots of veggies, homemade dip, olives, nuts, cheese and crackers. In times past, when I meet friends at a restaurant or go to their house, it is more challenging for me. Not impossible but more challenging. One time I came empty handed to my friend’s house, who usually loves to serve lots of healthy food. She was too tired and ordered all of us a pizza and a hot pizza cookie for dessert. Literally no veggies or healthy options in sight. It was my bad and was a lesson learned as I came totally unprepared. Now, if I meet at someone’s house for a party, I always try to bring a dish that fits with my eating plan. My favorite go-to is a big vegetable platter with a delicious homemade dip or hummus that I can eat as much as I want to. This really helps me if no other healthy options are available, and at the same time I don’t feel deprived. Not feeling deprived is important too, right? When going to a restaurant, I found it helps to order right away while my convictions are feeling strong. And before the alcohol can alter and weaken my healthy decisions. Don’t hesitate to speak up to the waiter and ask for your needs. Recently, one of our favorite hangouts didn’t have many healthy options. I ordered the guacamole and asked to substitute the chips for cut up vegetables. They brought a huge platter of carrots, celery and zucchini I could share. #success
5. Plan ahead for your alcohol intake. Know your drink choice calorically and your drink limit ahead of time. Stick with drinks in their purest form without all the extra sugar and calories in mixers.
And don’t forget to have fun and make special memories for a happy, healthy you.
#strategy #commitment #mealprep #healthy #helloweekend #selflove #healthyweightloss #azweightloss #phoenixweightloss #avondaleweightloss #azphentermine #phoenixphentermine #avondalephentermine #azmedweightcontrol